History

Our Diocese

Our Patron

Our Bishop

Office Bearers

News Letter

Bishop's Circular

Bishop's Engagements

Home

a

Consulters

a

Service Centers

a

Deaneries

a

Commissions

a

Religious Congregations

a

Parishes

a

Substations

a

Convents

a

Houses of Formations

a

Educational Institutions

a

Hostels

a

Hospitals & Dispensaries

a

HIV / AIDS Care Centers

a

Social Service Centers

a

Diocesan Priests

a

Religious Priests

a

Brothers

a

Sisters

a

Necrology

a

Statistics

a

Directory

a

Foreign Contribution Details

a

Photo Gallery

a

Useful Links

a

Contact Information

a

Enquiry Form

a

Home

religious congregations :

  1. Congregation of Mission (C.M.)
    The Congregation of the Mission is an institue of consecrated life and societies of Apostolic life. It was formally established on April 17, 1625 in Paris. According to St Vincent De Paul the orign of the Congregation of the Mission was on January 25, 1617 at his ministry in Fllenille. The Papal approbation was given to it on January 12, 1633 by Pope Urban VII, in the Bull “Soluatrosis Nostri” .It is a clerical society of apostlic life. The object of apostolic life/ society determines that each member, beside developing himself to his own perfection, shall be employed in preaching the Gospel to the poor.

    The Spanish Vincentian Fathers came to India in 1922and took charge of Cuttack Mission in 1923, still depending on the Bishop of Visakhapattnam. In 1928, Cuttack Mission was declared “Sui Juris” under the Vincentian fathers. In 1937, when Cuttack Diocese was created it was entrusted to the Vincentians.

    It was elevated as province in the year 1970. In 1997, the Indian Province was divided into Southern Indian province and Northern Indian province. Presently very Rev. Fr. Varghese Thottamkara C.M. is the visitor of the Southern Indian province. According to the latest statistics avaliable there are 78 members and 11 canonically erected houses for the Nothern Indian province. The Conferrers of Northern Indian provinces render their service in the Diocese.

    Superior General:
    Fr. Gregory Gay.


    Address:
    CASA GENERALIZIA
    Via Dei Capasso, 30
    00164 Roma.

    Provincial
    Very Rev. Fr. Mathew Kallammackal C.M.,

    Address
    Vijay Bhavan, Berhampur, Ganjam (Dt.)
    Pin - 760010
    Phone : 0680 -2291086, 09437061086
    Members in the Diocese : 08

    Houses in the Diocese

    1. Catholic Church
      Post- Hatigarh - 756033
      Dist - Balasore.

    2. Jyothi Nivas Minor Seminary
      Post- Baripada - 757001
      Dist - Mayurbhanj

    3. Marshal Dahar
      Ghatiduba
      Post- Sorishopal
      Via - Kusumbandh
      Dist - Mayurbhanj

    4. C.M. House.
      Dhobadihi
      Post- Khari Joshipur
      Dist - Mayurbhanj

  2. Society of Jesus (S.J)
    The Society of Jesus had its beginning in a most unexpected way. During his student days St Ignatius of Loyola had gathered around him a band of young men whom he fired with the zeal to go and spend their lives in the land of Jesus. On 15 August 1534 they bound themselves with vows of poverty and chastity in a chapel at Montmartre, (out side Paris). They also added a third vow and that was to go to Jerusalam and spend their lives there. They however added that if within a year they would not sail to Jerusalem they would offer themselves to the pope to go wherever he would send them. No boats set sail for Jerusalm that year and Ignatius and his friends went to Rome and placed themselve at the service of the Pope. The Holy Father, Pope Paul III, accepted their offer and on 27 September 1540 approved the Society of Jesus. Today Jesuits serve in every continent. They serve in 126 countries and have 105 provinces.

    Although they are best known for their work in the field of education, Jesuits are engaged in multifarious activities - pastoral, social, media, retreats, refugee services. The members of the society work in 18 different provinces and 2 Regions in India. The confaires of Jamshedpur province began their work in Balasore Diocese since 1993.

    Superior General:
    Very. Rev. Fr. P. Kolvenbach S.J.

    Generalate:
    Norgo S Spirito 4, c 6139, 1-00195
    Rome - Prati, Italy

    Provincial:
    Rev. Fr. James A. Kalapura S.J.

    Provinciatate:
    Layola Hall, P.B. 153, Jamshedpur - 831001
    Jharkhand.

    Jesuits working in the Diocese - 4
    Priests - 3
    Scholasic - 1

    1. Depthi Bhavan Minor Seminary
      Banaparia, Kuruda- P.O.
      Balasore - 756056
      Phone : 06782 -290738

    2. Sarana Catholic Church
      Rugudisai,
      Post- Tarmakant
      Dist - Keonjhar
      Pin - 758018

    3. Loyola School
      At/po-Sankhabhanga
      Via - Laxiposi, Baripada
      Dist - Mayurbhanj - 757107
      Phone : 0993735348


^TOP

ANNOUNCEMENTS

 

NEWS

News Archive

History | Our Diocese | Our Patron | Our Bishop | Office Bearers | News Letter | Bishop's Circular | Bishop's Engagements | Consulters | Service Centers
Deaneries | Commissions | Religious Congregations | Parishes | Substations | Convents | Houses of Formations | Educational Institutions | Hostels
Hospitals and Dispensaries |
HIV / AIDS Care Centers  |  Social Service Centers | Diocesan Priests | Religious Priests | Brothers | Sisters | Necrology
Statistics | Directory | Photo Gallery  | Useful Links | Contact Information | Enquiry Form | Home

©2011 Balasore Diocese. All rights reserved.

You are visitor No :

Powered by: Business Online Bangalore.